From ALLtech medical partner Regence BlueShield
Now is a great time to schedule an annual wellness visit or routine check-up with your personal doctor, also known as a primary care provider (PCP). Here are some questions you could ask during the visit to help prevent future illness and save money on your health care costs.
Questions about preventive care
1. What preventive services and screenings do you recommend for me? Depending on your medical history and family history, your doctor may recommend lab work to check for certain diseases or conditions. They may also recommend screening procedures — such as a colorectal cancer screening, bone mineral density test, mammogram, or Pap smear test. If your doctor recommends tests and screenings, you might want to ask how the tests will be administered, if you need to do anything to prepare, and how you’ll be informed of the results.
- For ALLtech members enrolled in medical coverage through Regence, most preventive services and screenings are covered with no copay and no deductible. However, some diagnostic tests, labs and procedures may have a cost share responsibility. Check your benefits at regence.com or call the number on your member ID card for more details and to confirm your coverage.
2. What vaccinations should I get? Some vaccinations, such as for flu, are recommended annually. There are also some newer vaccines you may not have gotten yet, such as vaccines for COVID-19, RSV, pneumonia, and shingles. Your personal doctor can recommend the vaccines that are right for you.
- Vaccines are covered by ALLtech plans at no cost, but deductibles, copays and coinsurance may apply. To check your coverage, sign in to your account at regence.com or call the number on your member ID card.
3. How much and what kinds of physical activity do I need to stay healthy and avoid falls and injuries? Your doctor can suggest strengthening exercises and other ways you can be physically active, tailored to your specific needs and health conditions.
- ALLtech members have access to discounts on fitness-related products and services like fitness devices and gym memberships through Regence Advantages.
4. What can I do to improve my mental health? Your doctor can do a screening with you to check for mental health risks like depression and anxiety. They can suggest activities that can help, as well as prescribe medications and refer you to a mental health counselor as needed.
- Through ALLtech, members have access to virtual mental health treatment options through MDLIVE at $0 co-pay on most plans. No referral is needed — you can visit the provider website and fill out the intake form for an appointment.
Questions related to prescription drugs
5. Should any changes be made to my prescriptions? Review the list of prescription drugs you’re taking with your doctor, as well as dosages, supplements, and any over-the-counter drugs you take regularly. Your body can change over time, so the drugs you’re taking may need to change as well. You may be able to stop taking a drug or change to a different dose, or you may need to start taking a new drug.
6. Is there anything I can do to save money on my prescription drugs? Your doctor may be able to help you save, such as changing your prescription to a generic or other less expensive alternative drug. You can compare drug prices at various pharmacies and shop around for the best deals using the price comparison tool when you sign in at regence.com.
A word of caution about your coverage
Most ALLtech plans cover an Annual Wellness Visit or annual check-up at no cost to you. However, you may have to pay additional coinsurance or cost shares if your doctor ends up performing any diagnostic tests or procedures during your visit.
If you have any questions about your plan’s coverage or need help finding care, sign in to your account at regence.com and use the Chat feature, or call the number on your member ID card.