From ALLtech medical partner Regence BlueShield
If your New Year’s resolutions include a goal to improve your health in 2024, here are eight things you can do this year with a little help from ALLtech Benefits’ medical partner Regence:
- Select a primary care provider if you haven’t yet. Having a doctor established now makes it easy to get care when you need it. It can take a while to get in for an initial appointment, so schedule it right away. If you need help finding an in-network primary care provider, try Regence’s find a doctor tool or call the number on the back of your member ID card.
- Get an annual wellness visit with your primary care provider, which is covered by most ALLtech medical plans with no out-of-pocket costs. Your doctor can assess your overall health and give you guidance on how to improve. This baseline can be very helpful as you plan health, fitness and weight loss goals for the year.
- Take care of your mental health. Make self-care a priority. If you’re struggling and need help, ALLtech covers a variety of mental health care services and resources, such as one-on-one counseling, group therapy, medication, as well as self-guided well-being tools and virtual care options. Learn more about ALLtech’s Employee Assistance Program, Wellspring EAP, and virtual behavioral health resources available through MDLIVE.
- Get all your age-appropriate recommended health screenings, such as screenings for breast, cervical, colorectal, lung and prostate cancers. Most screenings are covered through ALLtech with no out-of-pocket costs if you meet criteria. Talk to your doctor about which screenings you should get this year and sign in to your account on regence.com to learn more about your coverage. It may take a few months to get in for some screenings, so get them scheduled early.
- Get vaccinated. Getting all your age-appropriate recommended vaccinations will help you avoid illness so you can focus on improving your health. Most vaccinations are covered through ALLtech with no out-of-pocket costs if you meet criteria. Some vaccinations, like the flu shot, are covered annually. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist for help deciding which vaccinations you should get.
- Participate in a wellness program. The Regence Empower app is a wellness program available to ALLtech members, but you can use it even if you’re not part of an employer plan. The app can help you track your progress on things like sleep, stress, food and exercise. You can also use it to participate in health challenges and find links to podcasts and helpful health-related information. Download the Regence Empower flyer for more information.
- Familiarize yourself with all the care options covered by your health plan. Make sure you know when you should head to the emergency room versus an urgent care or your doctor’s office, versus the virtual care and telehealth options available with your ALLtech plan. Knowing the difference could save you time and money, and it’s better to figure it out now instead of when you’re sick.
- Consider nutrition counseling. Most Regence plans cover one-on-one nutrition counseling with a dietitian to help you improve your diet. The counseling can be especially helpful if you have certain medical conditions, such as diabetes or renal kidney disease. Benefits vary by plan and can depend on applicable state or federal mandates. To learn what’s available for you, sign in to your account to chat online or call us at the number on the back of your member ID card.
Log in to your account at regence.com or call the number on the back of your insurance card to learn more about all your insurance coverage.